Come to Richmond For Bay Area Holiday Arts, Crafts & Cheer
Media Contact: DP&A, Inc. / David Perry (415) 767-1067 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Come to Richmond For Bay Area Holiday Arts, Crafts & Cheer
21 November 2016 – Richmond, CA: “Richmond is proud to host some of the Bay Area’s annual holiday highlights, including the 46th annual KPFA Winter Crafts Fair and the 54th Annual Richmond Art Center Holiday Arts Festival” said Marsha Tomassi, Board President of the Richmond Convention and Visitors Bureau. “Creative holiday shopping, art and entertainment bring the holidays alive in Richmond this December.”
Check out unique lodging options on visitrichmondca.com and come enjoy a holiday festive weekend along the historic Richmond waterfront. Fun activities in Richmond this December include:
• Through December 29, “BrewHaHa” Arts of Point Richmond Members Show. Kaleidoscope Café, 109 Park Place, Point Richmond.
• Thursday December 1, 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM, Winter Holiday Cards Decorating. Richmond Public Library, Whittlesey Room, 325 Civic Center Plaza, Richmond. For information: (510) 620-6561/richmondlibrary.org.
• Thursday December 1, 5:30 PM: Film Screening of “North Richmond: Past, Present and Future” by award-winning filmmaker Doug Harris. Tickets are $7 for members/$10 for non-members. For information or to purchase tickets contact (510) email@example.com. Richmond Museum of History, 400 Nevin Avenue, Richmond.
• Friday December 2 – Friday December 30, M-F 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM/Sat 12:00 PM – 4:00 PM: Souls & Scenarios, Organized by Gina Bord/Holiday Lounge Five/ Self-Portrait As A Beast’s Assymetry: Michael Olivo at NIAD Art Center 551 23rd Street, Richmond. For information: (510) 620-0290.
• Saturday December 3 and Saturday December 17, 9:30 AM – 2:00 PM: Bay Trail Plant Restoration. Join Tom and Jane Kelly for their native plant restoration project along the Bay Trail between Point Isabel Regional Shoreline and Marina Bay. Where: Point Isabel next to the dog park. Contact info: Tom or Jane Kelly (510) 704-8628 (w) or (510) 684-6484 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Saturday December 3, 11:00 AM – 4:30 PM: Arts of Point Richmond Holiday Arts, Books & Crafts Fair at the Pt. Richmond Community Center. 139 Washington Ave., Pt. Richmond. For information: (510) 237-6470.
• Saturday December 3, 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM: Holiday Open House at the Riggers Loft Wine Company. Get into the holiday spirit with all the Riggers Loft wineries and cidery. Over 35 wines and ciders to taste, food prepared by Street Eats, live music from the Michael Adachi Trio. Tickets $45/$40 wine club members at HolidayWhining.eventbrite.com/510.234-8477. 1325 Canal Blvd, Richmond.
• Sunday December 3, 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM: Local Author Margaret C. Murray discusses her new novel, Spiral and her writing process. Richmond Public Library, Whittlesey Room. 325 Civic Center Plaza, Richmond. For information: (510) 620 – 6561/www.richmondlibrary.org.
• Sunday December 4, 11:00 AM: Marina Bay Trail Walk. Join Berkeley Path Wanderers for a 2.5-mile walk exploring Marina Bay sections of Bay Trail hosting the Rosie the Riveter/WW II Home Front National Historical Park. Start: Rosie the Riveter Visitor Education Center. 1414 Harbour Way South, Richmond. For information: (510) 849-4664 ext. 1373.
• Sunday December 4, 11:00 AM – 5:00 PM: Richmond Art Center 54th Annual Holiday Arts Festival. Over 50 notable Bay Area artists and artisan collectives are represented at Richmond Art Center’s largest community event of the year offering the opportunity to appreciate, own and gift handmade art. The festival includes gourmet food trucks, a silent auction and non-profit partners. Richmond Arts Center, 2540 Barrett Avenue, Richmond. For information: (510) 620-6772/richmondartcenter.org.
• Saturday December 10, 6:00 PM – 10:00 PM: 19th Annual Senior Winter Ball. Join us for an evening of dining and live entertainment by Top Shelf Review. Richmond Memorial Auditorium and Convention Center. For tickets: (510) 620-6793.
• Saturday December 10, 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM: Book Release introducing The 2017 Richmond Anthology of Poetry with readings by the published poets. FREE. This first of its kind anthology bringing together the work of 62 poets who live in Richmond or have ties with the City, debuts this holiday season. Kaleidoscope Coffee, 109 Park Place, Point Richmond. For information: Daniel Ari, email@example.com
• Saturday December 10, 7:00 PM – 9:30 PM: Saffron Strand Winter Gala & Silent Auction. Enjoy art, silent auction, wine, refreshments and live music by the New Oak Pilgrim and Dan Damon & Friends. $20 advance tickets or at door. All proceeds go to support Saffron Strands all-volunteer programming to support the homeless. Bridge Art Space, 23 Maine Avenue, Richmond. For information and tickets: (510) 275-9597/saffronstand.org/gala.
• Wednesday December 14, 4:00 PM – 8:00 PM: Downtown Holiday Festival, FREE. Hosted by Richmond Main Street Initiative and East Bay Center for the Performing Arts, featuring Santa visits, holiday treats and giveaways, A Richmond Nutcracker 5:00 pm and 6:30 pm and holiday street lighting and caroling. East Bay Center for the Arts, 339 11th Street, Richmond. For information: (510) 236-4049/richmondmainstreet.org.
• Thursday December 15, 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM: The 2017 Richmond Anthology of Poetry book release and readings. FREE. The debut of this first of its kind anthology of 62 Richmond based-poets, continues this holiday season at the Richmond Progressive Alliance. 2540 Macdonald Avenue, Richmond. For information: Daniel Ari, firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Thursday December 15, 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM: Home Front Film Festival 2016: Miracle of the White Stallions (1963) aboard the SS Red Oak Victory. FREE admission with a suggestion donation of $10 to help preserve and maintain the ship. 1337 Canal Boulevard, Richmond. For information: richmondmuseum.org
• Saturday December 17, 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM: First United Methodist Church of Pt. Richmond Annual Bake & Crafts Sale. Pt. Richmond Community Center. 139 Washington Avenue, Pt. Richmond.
• Saturday December 17, 9:00 AM – Sunday December 18, 6:00 PM: 2016 Candy Cane Classic Basketball Tournament. The Candy Cane Classic Basketball Tournament provides exciting recreation and competitive tournament play for bay area youth. Open for boys, girls and co-ed teams of 10U, 12U, and 14U divisions. For information on how to register your teams, please contact the Community Services Registration Office at (510) 620-6793.
• Saturday December 17 – Sunday December 18, 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM: 46th Annual KPFA Winter Crafts Fair. Creative Holiday Gifts at the premier Bay Area craft fair benefitting KPFA 94.1 FM Public Radio – a juried selection of affordable art, crafts and gifts created and presented by over 200 exhibitors. ON SITE FREE PARKING. Free shuttle to and from Richmond BART station. Admission is $12 (age 18-64) $8 Senior & Disabled, youth free. 1414 Harbour Way South, Richmond. For information: email@example.com.
• Saturday December 31, 12:00 PM – 12:00 AM: Formally Informal New Year’s Eve Party. Celebrate New Year’s Eve with intermittent music, sing-alongs, champagne toasts and a great view of the San Francisco fireworks. No tickets or reservations required. Riggers Loft Wine Company, 1325 Canal Blvd., Richmond. For information: riggersloftwine.com.
Saturday December 31, 7:00 PM: SoOAKLANDPROM: Love Jones. Located at Craneway Conference Center. Craneway Conference Center, 1414 South Harbor Drive. For information: http://www.sooakland.com/sooakland-prom-2016.html.
Saturday December 31, 9:00 PM: NYE 2017 Black & White Extravaganza. Mixx Entertainment Studios presents it’s first annual New Year’s Eve Black & White Extravaganza starring Baby Bash & the Jabbawockeez and featuring DJ Eterman and Mix Master Miguel. The party will feature a night of non-stop live entertainment hosted by Hoodrat Miguel from the Q102 Take Over Show. Craneway Pavilion, 1414 Harbour Way South, Richmond. For information and tickets: www.mixxent.com.
VISIT US AT: www.visitrichmondca.com