Drone Zone aerial videography demos and Lone Star concert
media contact: David Perry & Associates, Inc. (415) 676-7007 / email@example.com
WHO: The San Mateo County Fair: June 11 – 19, 2016
Where Tradition Meets Innovation at San Mateo County Fair:
` Largest Such Event in Northern California
WHAT: Day 2 — Drone Zone aerial videography demos and Lone Star concert
WHERE: San Mateo County Event Center
2495 South Delaware Street, San Mateo
WHEN: Sunday, June 12:
11am: Fairground Gates Open
Today’s Feature: The Drone Zone! — Award winning aerial quadcopter master Beto "Mooncricket" Lopez demonstrates the art and artistry of "Drone" flying. Dos and don’ts, FAA rules and basic "How to fly and take pictures 101." Learn from a master!
7:30pm (6:30pm doors open): Lone Star Concert
hashtag: # SMCF2016
HOW MUCH: $ 8 youth / $ 10 seniors / $ 12 adults. Parking: $ 10
WHY: What a difference nine decades make. What first blossomed in 1926 as the “Little Flower Show” has matured into one of the most innovative, popular and wildly-anticipated family-friendly and oh-so-fun events on the West Coast: The San Mateo County Fair (www.sanmateocountyfair.com). Over nine days of diverse entertainment, June 11 – 19, tradition meets innovation in a uniquely California experience that matches the enthusiastic diversity of the region.
Emphasizing its culinary and mixology offerings this year, Liam Mayclem, internationally recognized “Foodie Chap” of KCBS Radio fame, will kickoff the Fair’s opening day. Mayclem joins an exciting and still-expanding lineup including musical main stage performers for which the Fair has become rightly famous: Night Ranger (June 11); Lone Star (June 12); The Boys of Summer – Eagles Tribute Band (June 13); Kansas (June 14); Tower of Power (June 15 & 16); The Spinners (June 17); The Peninsula Symphony (June 18); and, of course, the traditional closing-out-of-the Fair Latin Music focused Día De La Feria (June 19).
In addition to the previously mentioned Free Concerts there will be plenty — traditional and innovative — to enjoy including but not limited to the following:
• Butterfly Adventures, where kids can feed butterflies and Pirate Captain Spareribs, a fun filled pirate adventure.
• Fair Food – Alligator on a Stick, Fried Kool Aid, and The Healthy Food Fare – Our Healthy Food Fare initiative is back with healthy choices being provided by many Fair vendors. But don’t worry: your Fair favorites will still be available from barbeque to funnel cake.
• Science, Technology, DIY Science Exhibits are back – Young people get hands on experience with innovative new concepts and devices such as 3-D printers. See how much fun a Do-It-Yourself environment can be for kids! In addition, 4-H, Future Farmers of America (FFA), painting, fine art, cooking, literary arts, cooking and healthy eating are just part of the fun.
• The Drone Zone! — Award winning aerial quadcopter master Beto "Mooncricket" Lopez demonstrates the art and artistry of "Drone" flying. Dos and don’ts, FAA rules and basic "How to fly and take pictures 101." Learn from a master!
• Free Grounds Acts – We’re excited to present the debut of the life-size Mousetrap, first introduced at MakerFaire and a huge hit. The 16-piece, 25 ton replica of the classic board game delivers a unique brand of engineering entertainment to kids of all ages. Combining Newtonian physics, performers and good old fashioned elbow grease, the life-size mouse trap utilizes all the six simple machines made from common materials to navigate eight pound bowling balls around a kinetically-driven course. In addition the Fairgoer will see traditional pony rides, pig races, characters strolling throughout the grounds, and much more. This year, new offerings include hypnotist Kellie Karl-Hypnotist, San Francisco street performers, Chef Landry, the Great American Petting Zoo and AgVenture and the “All Alaskan Racing Pigs. ”
• Carnival Rides including The Freak Out is Back! The Fair introduced this new carnival ride in 2014. It flies passengers 40 feet into the air. The Freak Out joins Fair favorites like the Ferris Wheel, Zillerator, and roller coasters
The San Mateo County Fair — “Where Tradition Meets Innovation” — is The Peninsula’s premier, community event for family fun and entertainment: June 11 – 19, 2016. Visit www.sanmateocountyfair.com often for regular updates, contest rules, schedules, promotions, and information.