Rugby World Cup Sevens 2018
Give A Ticket Marketing Campaign
Give A Ticket campaign will run starting November 21 through December 24, 2017 and will focus on driving single day event ticket sales. Idea is to attract local rugby fans, casual sports fans and community event enthusiasts. Single day tickets will only be on sale for the duration of this campaign – this campaign should convey urgency and strong call to action to buy now.
Messaging has been crafted around strategic themes in an effort to capture importance of the tournament and speak to audiences with different consumer behaviors.
Key points: rugby is welcoming. The premier standalone international rugby sevens competition. First time played in the United States. World Class. Inclusive. International. Fun. Fast paced. Olympic caliber. Youth engagement and involvement. Iconic venue.
Give A Ticket themes include:
- Holiday gift giving
- Major global sporting event
- First time in the US
- Community rally aka FOMO
- Welcoming and belonging celebration
Sample Social Media Copy
Creative digital assets:
- Holiday theme 2. Single day tickets
Facebook – 1200×628 Twitter – 800×418 or 800×800 Instagram – 1080×1080
Need a holiday gift idea? Check out Rugby World Cup Sevens 2018 in San Francisco, July 20-22, 2018 at AT&T Park. You won’t want to miss the first time the event comes to the US! Single day tickets available for a limited time! https://www.rwcsevens.com/tickets
Rugby fans know how to celebrate. Come join the Rugby World Cup Sevens 2018 party in San Francisco. Single Day tickets make great gifts this holiday! https://www.rwcsevens.com/tickets
Need a holiday gift idea? Check out Rugby World Cup Sevens 2018 in San Francisco. Single day tickets available for a limited time. https://www.rwcsevens.com/tickets #RWC7s #ReadyForRugby
Don’t miss this historic event – Rugby World Cup Sevens 2018 comes to AT&T Park July 20-22. Single day tickets are available for a limited time only https://www.rwcsevens.com/tickets #RWC7s #ReadyForRugby
Need a holiday gift idea? Check out Rugby World Cup Sevens 2018 in San Francisco. Single day tickets available for a limited time #RWC7s #ReadyForRugby (To buy tickets, see link in profile)
Single day tickets on sale now for Rugby World Cup Sevens 2018 at AT&T Park! #RWC7s #ReadyForRugby (To buy tickets, see link in profile)
Link in profile www.rwcsevens.com/tickets
- 1-day tickets will be available online from November 21 – December 24, 2017 at rwcsevens.com/tickets
- 1-day tickets will be available in Field General Admission category only.
- The entire Field General Admission section is open seating – it is not possible to buy a General Admission ticket for a specific seat on Field level.
- 3-day tickets are still available during this 1-day holiday push.
- Tickets will be limited to a maximum of 8 per customer.
- It will be possible for rugby clubs, school groups, etc to purchase more than 8 tickets at a time – for those wishing to do so, there is a number provided on the website to call so that your identity can be verified.
- 1-day pricing starts at $108 plus taxes and service fees for Friday and $162 plus taxes and service fees for Saturday and Sunday. Tickets are dynamically priced.
- All ticket purchasers will receive a 20% discount on Rugby World Cup Sevens 2018 Official Merchandise, promo code will be shared in ticket email confirmation. Offer valid November 21 to December 24, 2017.
- $1/ticket per day goes toward funding youth rugby programs in the San Francisco Bay Area.