Union Square Business Improvement District Launches Survey
Media Contact: David Perry & Associates, Inc/David Perry (415) 676-7007 / email@example.com
Union Square Business Improvement District Launches Survey Input and Opinions Sought from Public on How to Improve Union Square
30 October 2020 — San Francisco, CA: San Francisco’s Union Square has long been the focal point for historic occasions. From civic celebrations to providing a safe haven following the Great 1906 Earthquake, from political protests to presidential visits “the Heart of San Francisco” has seen it all. Much more than a park, Union Square is the gateway to world-class shopping, hotels, restaurants, theatre and fashion. Now, spurred by the societal-altering impact of COVID-19 and its subsequent economic impact, the Union Square Business Improvement District (www.visitunionsquare.com) is reaching out to find out how to ready itself for a new generation of visitors with an online survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/UnionSquare2020Survey . The survey runs October 28 – November 30. Results will be tabulated and released in December.
“This is part of a larger and ongoing effort to promote an economic recovery of the district and build a new level of attraction and affinity,” said Karin Flood, Executive Director of the Union Square Business Improvement District. “The survey is designed to identify perceptions and gather feedback about Union Square to inform our future brand that will be unveiled next year.”
Flood stresses that all answers will be confidential and used only for research purposes. The survey will take approximately 15-20 minutes to complete. In addition, those completing the survey are automatically entered to win a $200 gift card for E&O Kitchen (www.EandOKitchen.com).
About the Union Square BID:
The Union Square Business Improvement District (BID) serves members and creates a high-quality visitor experience by managing and activating public spaces, attracting new investment, and advocating for the District’s future success. Union Square is the vibrant heart of San Francisco and an international destination where visitors come to enjoy exceptional retail experiences, luxury hotels, world-class cultural institutions, and great public spaces found only in the City by the Bay. A lively 27-block community surrounding Union Square Park in the heart of San Francisco makes up the Union Square BID. It is generally bordered on the north by Bush Street, on the east by Kearny Street, on the south by Market Street and on the west Taylor Street. Within this service area there are approximately 600 parcels. The original USBID was founded in 1999 and focused primarily on cleaning and safety issues. Today’s expanded USBID continues to recognize the need for providing cleaning and maintenance and critical public safety services, though has since added destination marketing, advocacy, beautification and capital improvement programs to enhance the experience of the Union Square area and contribute to a safer and more vibrant community. In 2019 alone, the USBID removed over 595,000 lbs of debris.
- 22 cleaning FTE’s provide the following services: Trash and litter pick up, hazardous waste removal, illegal dumping abatement, overnight pressure washing, sidewalk stain removal, graffiti removal, street furniture issues.
- 12 FTE Safety and Hospitality Ambassadors provide the following services: public safety ambassadors who address quality of life issues, safety escorts, merchant visit requests.
- 4 FTE Member Services Representatives respond to cleaning and safety requests via phone, email and the Union Square Everywhere App 24/7.
- San Francisco Police Department 10B officers are on duty for the USBID and its members from 7am-11pm daily. The officers mitigate crime, respond to requests from members and ensure enforcement of laws including quality of life matters.
- Overnight security patrols are on duty 10pm–6am daily to address quality of life issues and observe and report issues to the San Francisco Police Department.